Robotics is a branch if engineering and science that include electronics engineering, mechanical engineering and computer science and so on. The branch deals with the design, construction, use to control robots, sensory feedback and information processing. These are some technologies which will replace humans and human activities in coming years. These robots are designed to be used for any purpose but these are using in sensitive environments like bomb detection, deactivation of various bombs etc. robots can take any form but many of them have given the human appearance. The robots which have taken the form of human appearance may likely to have the walk like humans, speech, cognition and most importantly all the thing a human can do. Most of the robots are today are inspired by Nature and are known as bio- inspired robots.
Robotics is that branch of engineering that deals with conception, design, operation and manufacturing of robots. There was an author named issac Asimov, he said that he was the firs person to give robotics name in a short story composed in 1940’s. In that story, issac suggested three principles about how to guide these types of robotic machines. Later on, these three principles were given the name of issac’s three laws of robotics. These three laws state that;
- Robots will never harm human beings.
- Robot will follow instructions given by human with breaking law one.
- Robot will protect themselves without breaking other rules.
There are some characteristics of robots given below:
- Appearance: robots have a physical body. They are held by the structure of their body and are moved by their mechanical parts. Without appearance, robots will be just a software program.
- Brain: another name of brain in robots is on-board control unit. Using this robot receive information and sends commands as output. With this control unit robot knows what to do else it’ll be just a remote-controlled machine.
- Sensors: the use of these sensors’ Om robots is to gather info from the outside world and send it to brain. Basically, these sensors have circuits in them that produces the voltage in them
- Actuators: the robots move and the parts with the help of these robots move
Is called actuators. Some examples of actuators are motors, pumps, and compressor etc. the brain tells these actuators when and how to respond or move.
Program: robot only works or responds to the instructions which are provided to them in the form of a program. These programs only tell the brain when to perform which operation like when to move, produce sounds etc. these programs only tell the robot how to use sensors data to make decisions.
Behavior: robots’ behavior is decided by the program which has been built for it. Once the robot starts making the movement one ca n easily tell which kind of program is being installed inside the robot.